Not only do we have the impossibility of Exodus as shown in a previous section, the book is riddeled with "events", which if they actually happened, would make God no different than the devil.
Here's the source of the problem:
Gawd, for no reason promises to give land belonging to other tribes, to the Jews. Why?
3:17 And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt
unto the land of the ...
Canaanites, and the
Hittites, and the
Amorites, and the
Perizzites, and the
Hivites, and the
unto a land flowing with milk and honey.
NOTE: This is the land belonging to other peoples but gawd is going to GIVE it to the jews. WHY?
Can ANYONE explain this bullshit nonsense?
Gawd, out of the blue,"sought to kill him".
4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
4:26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
4:27 And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.
But gawd doesn't kill "him" because Moses's wife cuts off the dick of their son and then curses Moses.
How was all this recorded? All this detail. All these verbatum quotes?
Writing in those days was a very tedious process. Heiroglyphs chiseled into stone with copper tools at best.
Here are some highlights of God's doings.... and this is just in Exodus; it gets worse in subsequent books
Leviticus, Job, Numbers, Deuteronomy:
* God's first plague on the Egyptians: Rivers turned to blood. 7:17-22
(Pharaoh's magicians knew this trick, too.)
* Second Plague: Frogs. (Pharaoh's magicians do likewise.) 8:2-7
* Third Plague: Lice. (Pharaoh's magicians couldn't do this one!) 8:16-18
* Fourth Plague: Flies. 8:21-24
* Fifth Plague: God kills the cattle. 9:3
* Sixth Plague: Boils. 9:9
* Seventh Plague: Hail. 9:19
* Eighth Plague: Locusts. 10:5
* Ninth Plague: Darkness. 10:21
* Tenth Plague: God kills firstborn children and animals. 12:29-30
* "The Lord is a man of war." 15:3
* God punishes the children for the sins of their fathers. 20:5, 34:7
(unto the third and fourth generations)
* Instructions for buying a slave. 21:2
* Instructions for selling your daughter. 21:7
* Instructions for taking a second wife. 21:10
* Children who strike their parents are to be killed. 21:15
* It's OK to beat a slave as long as he lives a day or two "for he is his money." 21:20-21
* Abortion is not a capital crime. 21:22
* "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." 22:18
* You must kill those who worship another god. 22:20
* Sabbath breakers must be killed. 31:14-15, 35:2
* God tells every man to slay "his brother, companion, neighbor." 32:27
* God shows Moses his "back parts." 33:23
* God's name is "Jealous." 34:14
You there... reader of this.... you BELIEVE that your God is the author of these barbaric atrocities?
Aren't most of those things right out of the playbook of the Taliban, who are still living in 1500 BCE?